How we manage quality
One of our 3 core principles is quality (along with scale and value). We define quality at K2CP beyond just the quality of the individual Associate; we define quality to include everything we do and how we interact with our clients and our Associates:
- Quality in how we work with and interact with our clients
- Quality in our negotiations with our clients
- Quality of the teams we put together
- Quality in the thought leadership we provide
- Quality in the insights and challenges we bring
- Quality in how we bring on board new Partners
- Quality in how we treat our Associates
We cannot deliver on all these quality principles without embedding quality into our structure from day one and that is exactly what we have done. Quality cannot be an after-thought. So what have we put in place in K2CP to manage quality?
- Our Management Team all come with over 100 years of consulting experience
- All our Partners have been working with and known to Mike for many years prior to launching K2CP. We know each others quality standards.
- We have NOT just built up a list of 2,500 contractors
- Each Partner firm has around 150-200 Associates. This number is “right” in that each Partner lead can really still know their team and know each Associates quality.
- 85% of our Associates have worked with or been employed by a major consulting firm.
- Each Associate is required to have quality references from each of their last 3 assignments
- New Partner firm members of K2CP can only “join” if they have a previous “relationship” with a member of the management team
- We invest in adding a quality layer to our assignments where necessary – often at no cost to the client
- We encourage and reward our Associates to create compelling and insightful Thought Leadership
- We know what we are good at, but equally we know what we are not good at. We will not take on assignments that would not be a quality reference for us.
- We offer our Associates a career and allow them to develop.