Managing Director & Founder: Mike Hunter
Founding Partners: Mark Watmough, Steve Sharp & Chris Hafner
Mike has over 30 years global experience in management, consulting, strategy, sales, marketing, IT, finance and delivering over 35 large scale change and transformation programmes, many incorporating an ERP. He has been a Partner with PA Consulting Group, European CFO at AT&T , and European Head of Consulting at TCS and Cognizant; as well as working for British Aerospace and Apple, and 20 Fortune 500 clients. Mike has a track record of growth for clients, and in building and leading consulting practices globally. His goals have always been in helping clients and companies grow and overcome their biggest challenges; and more recently to fundamentally grow profitable consulting practices.
His specialities include building and growing consulting practices globally; large scale programme management; change management; ERP; performance improvement; stakeholder management, and company turnarounds.
Career accomplishments include:
- 400% revenue growth in 4 years (PA), 88% and 120% year on year revenue growth (TCS), and 96% year on year revenue growth (Cognizant)
- Directly managed a team of 700 people and indirectly 3,500 people
- Delivered 60% performance improvement in 15 months in a nuclear facility
- Led and delivered 30 ERP programmes, including a 36 and a 130 country roll-out
- Created a $1billion new revenue stream for global technology company
- Led largest core banking transformation programme in North America
Mike established K2 Consulting Partners in 2014 to create a new model in consulting that addresses many of the issues he has seen first hand in both consulting firms and clients.
Steve has over 20 years of industry and consulting experience delivering both large and medium size IT business transformation initiatives, helping his clients to align their IT strategy to support their business strategy. He has extensive experience delivering Enterprise Solutions (ERP, BI, CRM and eCommerce Solutions) and in the last 10 years has delivered many CRM centric programmes including single view of customer, loyalty and ecommerce solutions. Prior to founding Searchlight in 2008, he worked in Industry for GSK and Pfizer, and for System Integrators including Druid, Capgemini and Mi Services. His aim has been to deliver IT change initiatives while helping his clients to develop their internal delivery capability to ensure they are able to manage on-going change initiatives and outsourced services.
His specialties including delivering IT enabled change programmes with a focus within retail, consumer goods, wholesale and manufacturing sectors; aligning IT strategy with business strategy; change management; enterprise solution delivery and helping his clients deliver on their obligations during programme and project delivery – ensuring successful outcomes.
Career accomplishments include:
- Launched and led for 7 years Searchlight Consulting, an associate based consultancy to form high quality delivery teams from known and trusted consultants
- Delivery of the largest retail loyalty solution within Europe
- Delivery of the largest wholesale target operating model programme in Europe
- Recognised expert at leading ERP & CRM change initiatives
- Established and delivered multi ERP regulatory compliant solutions delivered in UK, across Europe and North America
Steve established Searchlight Consulting in 2008 to deliver high quality consulting servers to his clients and joins K2 Consulting Partners Management team, to further develop the new model in consulting
Chris is a transformational change leader with over 20 years experience in strategy development, change management, and execution across complex portfolios and programmes. Diverse industry experience includes Consumer Products, Life Sciences/Pharma, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Energy/Utilities, Public Sector, and Non-Profit. Functional expertise in Strategic Planning, Capability Alignment, Transformational Change Management, Commercial Execution, Global Launch Excellence, Portfolio and Programme Management, Operations Management, and Technology Optimisation. Chris has worked for niche technology companies such as ABB’s Ventyx and large global technology providers such as SAP. Chris was also a Senior Manager in a US-based venture capital firm. Chris began his career firmly grounded in industry and strategic planning at US Steel.
Chris is a Fellow in the Strategic Planning Society and currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
Chris is also Head of Editorial Review Board for Strategy magazine.
Dave has over 30 years international experience, with proven success delivering global technology and business transformation programmes across a number of industry sectors. He is an experienced international trouble shooter. Dave has successfully turned around a number of high profile programmes. He has recent hands on experience transforming global IT functions from strategy & design to implementation. In addition, Dave has a breadth of experience managing and delivering large, complex global project portfolios and establishing professional, service orientated PMO teams to ensure these project portfolio's are aligned strategically to maximise business value.
Dave's approach is always the same – focused, committed, professional, well disciplined and results driven. He is a team player with excellent communication, influencing, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Led the delivery of a global business transformation programme to simplify management structures, implement common business processes and establish regional shared services centres.
- Led global project delivery functions from shaping business demand through delivery and handover to support.
- Turned around a multi-million euro strategic ERP implementation.
- Led an international business and technology integration programme following a multi billion euro acquisition.
- Led a strategic outsourcing and transformation initiative spanning North, Central & Latin America.
- Led a number of ERP and business transformation programmes.
Laurie Stephens is the founder and Managing Partner of advisory firm Ingersoll Engineers UK.
One of the UK’s leading specialists in manufacturing and supply chain and a Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer by profession, Laurie has been consulting to the UK’s Manufacturing and Engineering sectors for over 25 years in a career which has included senior roles at Accenture, Ernst & Young and Capgemini. Over the course of his career he has successfully led some of the largest and most complex change programmes undertaken in those sectors.
He has particular experience in the following:
Operating Strategy, Supply Chain Strategy and Procurement Strategy